- You are here: Home > Validator of hardware instruments and data processing
You are here
Validator of hardware instruments and data processing
Validator of hardware instruments and data processing
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are looking for a researcher during 2020 to carry out tasks related to the evaluation of safety protocols and validation of hardware instruments and data analysis methods to obtain certifications and/or accreditations for the application of Omic technologies in clinic, such as Good Clinic Practices.
Specifically, the new bioinformatician position will cover the following tasks:
- Development of the standard metabolomics data analysis protocols determined by the types of tests and data to be analysed to adapt these protocols for the application of high performance omic technologies in MP.
- To adapt our metabolomics protocols to clinical practice, these will be aligned with international consortia guidelines for the evaluation and validation of applications of massive metabolomics data generation with clinical purposes.
- Support for the implementation of certifications and accreditations for the application of omic technologies in clinical. Possible accreditations and certifications will be evaluated and work will begin to obtain at least one of them. Certifications / accreditations to be evaluated include the GCP (Good Clinical Practice) for data generation and traceability.
- Elaborate the documentation to support validation of computer systems, that will include the system for temperature monitoring and also the systems were mass spectrometers control and data analysis software were installed.
About the team
The researcher will be working on a shared project between CRG-CNAG and the Centre for Omic Sciences (COS), based in Reus.
The Centre for Omic Sciences (COS) is a Joint Unit owned by the Rovira i Virgili University, and managed by EURECAT. The COS (http://omicscentre.com/) is a Unique scientific-technical infrastructure equipped with the most advanced platforms in Metabolomics and Proteomics, complemented by Transcriptomic, Genomic and Metagenomic technologies.
COS offers scientific advice and technical support in the application of omic technologies in research projects focusing on:
- Health and biomedical sciences sector
- Food projects
Its location in a single installation of multiple omic technologies allows research projects to be approached from a holistic view, using the most suitable omic technologies, or the combination of them in integrated studies.
The COS is specialized in metabolome studies: from the characterization of metabolomic profiles of different types of samples, to comparative studies for the search of biomarkers or metabolomic studies directed by the absolute quantification of compounds of interest on a large scale. In order to cover a broad range of metabolites classes, the strategy proposed by the COS uses a multiplatform analysis, combining metabolomics-based on nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) with Ultra-high performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography coupled to high-resolution mass spectrometers instruments (UHPLC-HRMS and GC-HRMS).
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have proven experience in/ with Linux system
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in data analysis of 1H-NMR based metabolomics
- You have experience in data analysis of other omics technologies
Education and training
- You hold a Degree in Biochemistry or Bioinformatics
- You hold a Master in Bioinformatics or Biostatistics
- You are proficient in Spanish
- You are fluent in English
- You have advanced MS Office skills
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You are detail-oriented.
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 6 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: January, 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Nuria Canela.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Nuria Canela (email@example.com) and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 14th of January 2020.