- You are here: Home > Two Backend Developers, EGA
You are here
Two Backend Developers, EGA
Two Backend Developers, EGA
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The new team member will contribute to the daily operations of the department, developing new features and deploying new services with the goal of bringing value to the huge assets that EGA is hosting, providing more sophisticated services to the EGA user community.
About the team
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG, www.crg.eu) in Barcelona is co-managing the EGA (European Genome-phenome Archive, www.ega-archive.org) in partnership with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI, www.ebi.ac.uk) to explore and develop joint services based around human biomolecular data and its associated phenotype information. EGA is an ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org) Core Data Resource and ELIXIR Recommended Deposition Repository and an ELIXIR Spain (www.inab.org) Service. It is supported by ELIXIR Spain, the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC, www.bsc.es), the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, www.upf.edu) and is based at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB, www.prbb.org). The EGA is involved in many precision medicine initiatives and projects and looking forward to provide advanced services for that community. The EGA team is steadily growing with developers, curators and system administrators.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 2 years of experience in software engineering
- You have proven experience in Python in special around the microservices architecture and Async IO
- You have proven experience in Java and the Spring Framework, in special around the micro services architecture
- You have proven experience in PostgreSQL
Education and training
- You hold a Degree in Computational Science or a related field
- You are fluent in English
- ElasticSearch or SOLR
- NoSQL Databases
- Artificial intelligence/Machine learning
- Highly developed organization skills
- Contract duration: 1 year with the option to be extended for an additional 2 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 11th of September 2020.
The position could be assigned before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found earlier.
VEIS-Valorización de EGA para la Industria y la Sociedad, VEIS-001-P-001647.
El proyecto será cofinanciado por el Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER) de la Union Europea, en el marco del Programa Operativo FEDER de Catalunya 2014-2020.