- You are here: Home > Training Coordinator
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and highly motivated Training Coordinator to coordinate and strengthen the internal and external training activities at the CRG. The Training Coordinator will be integrated in the International and Scientific Affairs department, and participate in the CRG PhD and Postdoc committees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing a training strategy for the organization together with the different stakeholders. S/he will design and implement courses that reflect the full spectrum of science and technologies performed by the CRG, meet the needs of the scientific community, and align training with the CRG strategic goals. Training will also focus on transferable skills, including e-learning methodologies, to diversify the skills and career options of CRG employees.
The training coordinator will:
- Organize all the training activities targeting the scientific community (e.g. PhD and postdoctoral fellows, junior faculty members and technicians).
- Ensure broad dissemination of the CRG training activities, within and outside the CRG, with the support of the Communication department.
- Ensure that courses are organized and delivered to the highest quality standard.
- Actively participate to the activities promoted by the CRG PhD and Postdoc committees in collaboration with the Academic coordinator.
- Collaborate with HR to provide career development support to CRG researchers.
- Establish efficient communication with the different stakeholders within and outside the CRG.
- Manage the teaching facilities at the CRG with some technical support.
- Manage the yearly budget dedicated to training.
- Raise further funds to support training at the CRG with the support of the Grants office.
- Ensure sustainability of the CRG training programme.
- Participate in relevant national and international working groups and expert communities focused on training.
About the department
The International and Scientific Affairs (ISA) department´s mission is to strengthen the international and interdisciplinary dimension of the institute and create new opportunities for the scientific community. The team fosters new strategic partnerships and alliances, coordinates international collaborative projects, provides strategic advice and support to the Director, develops science policies (including open science, gender equality, and research integrity) and fosters scientific talent through integrated training programmes (http://www.crg.eu/en/content/about-us/international-scientific-affairs).
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have several years of experience in research (postdoc level).
- You have proven experience in training activities (as trainer and organizer) in an international academic environment.
- You have several years of experience working in a scientific research center.
Desirable but not required
- Knowledge of Spanish.
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines.
- You are proficient in English, writing and orally.
- You have advanced project management and IT skills (Excel, Power Point, content management systems, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with the ability to work independently.
- Precise, with attention to details, and highly organized.
- Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- Contract duration: Permanent Position
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Michela Bertero.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr.Michela Bertero and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by 24th of August, 2019