- You are here: Home > Single-Cell Genomics - Senior Lab Technician
You are here
Single-Cell Genomics - Senior Lab Technician
Single-Cell Genomics - Senior Lab Technician
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are recruiting an experienced researcher to support and strengthen our single-cell genomics expertise. The position will entail applying/adapting established protocols and developing new methods, using the advanced and versatile single-cell infrastructure existing in our lab. The work will be part of our ERC-funded project EvoCellMap, which aims at deciphering the evolution of animal cell type programs by systematically applying single-cell and epigenomic profiling tools to diverse invertebrate organisms. Our research requires of a good understanding of these different functional genomics methodologies in order to adjust them to non-model species. The candidate will be a part of a highly interdisciplinary team that includes developmental, computational, evolutionary and molecular biologists.
About the team
Our group studies genome regulation from an evolutionary systems perspective. In particular, we are interested in deciphering the evolutionary dynamics of animal cell type programs and in reconstructing the emergence of genome regulatory mechanisms linked to cell type differentiation (from transcription factor binding through chromatin states to the physical architecture of the genome). To this end, we apply advanced single-cell genomics and chromatin experimental methods to dissect and compare cell types and epigenomic landscapes in phylogenetically diverse organisms. We also develop computational tools to integrate these diverse data sources into models of cell type gene regulatory networks and we use phylogenetic methods to comparatively analyse these models.
For further information, you can directly email the PI of the group: email@example.com
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have expertise in molecular biology, particularly DNA/RNA biology.
- You have experience in single-cell genomics protocols (e.g. scRNAseq, scATACseq).
Desirable but not required
- You have experience in operating liquid-handling robots (e.g. Agilent Bravo).
- You have experience in chromatin methods (e.g. ChIP-seq, HiC, ATAC).
Education and training
- You hold a bachelor/master’s degree in Biology (or related disciplines) or a lab technician qualification.
- You are fluent in English.
- Hands-on experience in genomics workflows (e.g. library preparation).
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology (e.g. DNA/RNA purification, cloning)
- You have good understanding of different functional genomics methodologies.
- You have highly developed organization and coordination skills.
- You have dedication, motivation, and rigor in scientific pursuits.
- You are capable to work both independently and as part of a team.
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year with possibility to renew until the end of the project
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: November 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Sebé-Pedrós.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Sebé-Pedrós and be submitted through the "Apply" button below
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be contacted to coordinate an interview with the PI.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by December 14th ,2019.