- You are here: Home > Single Cell Genomics – Specialized Lab Technician
You are here
Single Cell Genomics – Specialized Lab Technician
Single Cell Genomics – Specialized Lab Technician
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the Human Cell Atlas Project (HCA), the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
The CNAG is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
The candidate will be integrated in the Single Cell Genomics Team, a highly collaborative, international work environment with well-experienced colleagues in single-cell data production and analysis. He/she will be responsible for sample preparation of single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing applications, as well as spatial transcriptomics techniques. The candidate will be in charge of the data production for large-scale internal and collaborative research projects in the field of cancer immunology and autoimmune diseases, involving responsibilities for sample management and quality control. Further responsibilities are the implementation of emerging single-cell methods related to key research areas of the group.
- Project coordination from sample processing to sequencing.
- Technology development and implementation to establish new methods and assays.
- Technical guidance of experimental designs.
- Support of the technical staff in the laboratory.
About the team/ lab/ department
The Single Cell Genomics Team at the CNAG-CRG is dedicated to advance genome research of single cells. The mission of the group is the implementation of single-cell sequencing technologies and their application in a research and translational context. The group focuses on the systematic integration of transcriptional and epigenetic data from individual cells to elucidate causalities underlying phenotype formation. We successfully established sequencing protocols to quantify gene expression and open chromatin of thousands of single cells. Our newly developed computational pipelines include methods to deconvolute tissue composition and track to transcriptional dynamics. Our international team joins computational, technical and biological knowledge in order to establish and apply best practices in single-cell research. The group combines collaborative research, development activities and follows an independent research line on translational cancer research. We are member of the Human Cell Atlas Project.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a PhD in molecular biology or similar.
- You have demonstrated research excellence through peer-reviewed publications.
- You have knowledge in genomics and experience with NGS library production.
- You have flexible working schedule.
Desirable but not required
- You have a background in single-cell experiments.
- You have experience in flow cytometry.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have skills in molecular and cell biology techniques.
- You have previous practice in training and supervision of researchers and technical staff.
- You have experience in planning and coordination of projects.
- You have good problem solving skills, time management and strategic thinking.
- You have strong commitment to high-quality work and sound administrative abilities.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Contract duration: 3 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: March 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Holger Heyn.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Holger Heyn and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15th of January, 2020