- You are here: Home > Sample Preparation Technician
You are here
Sample Preparation Technician
Sample Preparation Technician
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are looking for a Sample preparation technician to join the sample preparation team at the Sequencing Unit.
The candidate will be responsible for preparing samples for sequencing, implementing new protocols, keeping rigorous audit trails of the work carried out, writing and updating documentation such as Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes and stock and orders management.
About the lab
The unit provides highly specialized support in next generation genomics to national and international researchers and clinicians and conducts strategic development and implementation of the protocols.
The team currently operate several different types of Illumina sequencers and MinIon sequencers from Oxford Nanopore Technologies. The members of the sequencing platform are postdoctoral research scientists, engineers, and technicians who are professionally trained and form a highly qualified team to accomplish the specialized scientific tasks of sequencing. They have established, and continue to develop, many techniques to analyze the information encrypted in genomes.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have at least 5 years of experience in molecular biology
- You have excellent laboratory techniques
- You are very able with laboratory devices
- You have excellent knowledge and follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
Education and training
- You hold a Master or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
- You are proficient in English
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in molecular biological procedures, in particular PCR, restriction and cloning reactions, DNA fragmentation and DNA/RNA purification procedures
- You are capable of working with computers and common software packages
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You have attention to detail
- You are a team player
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: February 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Marta Gut.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Marta Gut and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by January 20th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.