- You are here: Home > Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
You are here
Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We have an opening for a Specialised Technician for Next Generation Sequencing Sample Preparation. The focus of this position is the standard operating procedures authentication and participation in data production within the CNAG infrastructure.
The successful candidate will work closely with the head of Sequencing Unit within the Laboratory Support and Sample Preparation manager.
• Preparation of samples for sequencing
• Collaborating within the IMPACT project infrastructure in interlaboratory comparisons
• Implementing new protocols
• Keeping rigorous audit trails of the work carried out, writing and updating documentation such as
Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
• Participating in SOPs authentication
• Recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes
• Stock and orders management
About the team
The unit provides highly specialized support in next generation genomics to national and international researchers and clinicians and conducts strategic development and implementation of the protocols.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have at least 3 years of work experience in molecular biological procedures, in particular PCR, restriction and cloning reactions, DNA fragmentation and DNA/RNA purification procedures
• You have at least 5 years of experience in molecular biology
• You have proven experience with laboratory automated liquid handlers
• You have excellent laboratory techniques
• You are capable of working with computers and common software packages
• You should be very able with laboratory devices
• You have an excellent knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and follow them.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have experience with the 2nd and 3rd generation of DNA sequencing technology
Education and training
• You hold a Master´s or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
• You have a very high proficiency level in English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• You work safely in a laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping
• You understand and follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace
• You understand the internal and external regulatory environment
• You know how to prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods
• You know how to perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as SOPs
• You have technical competence in the use of specified instrumentation and laboratory equipment, including calibration where required
• You produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records of laboratory work undertaken and results
• You can demonstrate the required attitude, behaviors and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace
• You are higly motivated
• You work very reliably, pay attention to detail and work as part of a team
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 6 months.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: November 1st, 2022.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Marta Gut.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Marta Gut and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 30th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.