- You are here: Home > Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
You are here
Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Sequencing Unit within the Lab Support and Sample Preparation team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Preparation of samples for sequencing
• Implementing new protocols
• Keeping rigorous audit trails of the work carried out, writing and updating documentation such as
Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
• Recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes
• Stock and orders management
About the team
The unit provides highly specialized support in next generation genomics to national and international researchers and clinicians and conducts strategic development and implementation of the protocols.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have at least 5 years of experience in molecular biology
• You have at least 5 years of work experience in molecular biological procedures, in particular PCR, restriction and cloning reactions, DNA fragmentation and DNA/RNA purification procedures
• You have proven experience with laboratory automated liquid handlers
• You have excellent laboratory techniques
• You are capable of working with computers and common software packages
• You should have excellent knowledge of the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and you should be able to follow it
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have experience with the 2nd and 3rd generation of DNA sequencing technology
Education and training
• You hold a Master or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
• You are proficient in English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• You perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as SOPs
• You understand and follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of the quality standards applicable to the workplace
• You understand the internal and external regulatory environment
• You are able to prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods
• You are technically competent in the use of the specified instruments and laboratory equipment, including calibration when necessary
• You must be able to work safely in a laboratory and maintain excellent housekeeping
• You produce reliable and accurate data, and you can keep accurate records of laboratory work undertaken and results
• You demonstrate the required attitude, behaviors and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace
• You are higly motivated
• You are detailed oriented
• You are able to work very reliably
• You work as part of a team
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: until 15.2.2023
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: February, 2022
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Marta Gut.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to human resources and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by January 24th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.