- You are here: Home > Research Technician
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The candidate will pursue a combination of wet lab experimentation and computational analysis to study aging in C. elegans.
About the team
We are a small, international team that combines expertise in genetics, molecular biology, physics, computational biology, and engineering. We are based in the EMBL/CRG Systems Biology Unit in Barcelona, Spain, which is an unusually great place to live and do science. We build and apply new technologies that allow us to collect the data needed to build quantitatively rigorous models of physiology.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 3 years of experience and publications involving C. elegans genetics and RNASeq technologies
- You have demonstrated experience in quantitative genetics
Education and training
- You hold a Ph.D. in life sciences, physics, or engineering.
- You are fluent in English
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Correctly perform complex experimental protocols independently
- Effectively communicate research projects in lab meetings and seminars
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Target start date: April 1st
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Stroustrup.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Stroustrup and be submitted through the “Apply” button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the People department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by March 31st, 2023
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.
MEIC project Ref PID2020-115189GBI00