- You are here: Home > Research Technician
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are seeking a Research Technician to join the Hematopoietic stem cells, transdifferentiation and reprogramming lab.
About the team
Our group investigates the role of transcription factors in the specification of cell fates, using tissue culture of primary cells and cell lines, mouse models, embryo cultures as well as a range of molecular biological techniques. We now search for a research technician who can carry out some of these tasks, assist pre-docs and post-docs by providing them scientific and technical support. If needed the candidate will be trained by our lab manager. Our group currently consists of 2 postdocs 2 PhD students, 1-2 interns and a lab manager.
• You have 1.5 years of laboratory work experience
• You have experience with biological techniques and knowledge of underlying scientific principles
• You have a strong background in molecular biology, developmental biology and/or cell culture techniques
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• If you have experience in stem cell research will be an advantage
• You have experience with mouse breeding
Education and training
• You hold a master’s or PhD degree
• You are fluent in English
• You have experience with tissue culture of primary cells and cell lines, mouse models, embryo cell cultures as well as a range of molecular biological techniques
• You have advanced MS Office skills, including WORD, PowerPoint and Excel
• You have highly developed organizational skills
• You are friendly
• You have an outgoing personality
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Technical and scientific activities contract linked to the project duration.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: October 1st.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Thomas Graf.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Thomas Graf and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs and recommendation letters.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Principal Investigator and the Lab Manager
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 7th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.