- You are here: Home > Purchasing Officer Intern
You are here
Purchasing Officer Intern
Purchasing Officer Intern
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The Purchasing Officer Intern will join the Procurement Area Team, within the Finance Department. Together with the other 5 Purchasing Officers, the candidate will be expected to deal with users purchasing requests and procure them from external suppliers by negotiating prices and conditions and placing Purchase Orders, getting best value for money and fulfilling technical requests and delivery time requisitions. Manage approved ERP goods and services purchasing requests, price and conditions negotiation with suppliers, manage supplier’s portal and claim orders. You will receive training on purchasing tasks to perform and internal procedures.
About the department
The goals of the Procurement Area are to attend user and institute’s needs, to guarantee delivery time, quality and to get value for money while ensuring compliance in public procurement regulations. The Procurement Manager, five Procurement Officers, the Warehouse officer, the Equipment Purchasing Officer and technical liaison, and two Public Tender Officer compose the Team.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You are currently studying an “FP”, Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent
• You have the availability to do a student placement agreement through your University for at least 6 months
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• No experience is required although any professional experience will be highly appreciated.
• You have good communication skills
• Flexible profile, able to cope with different clerical tasks
Education and training
• You hold a degree in Business Administration or FP Administration
• You are proficient in Spanish and Catalan
• You have a medium level of English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
• Precision and attention to detail
• Highly developed organization skills
• Proactivity. Hands-on profile and problem-resolution oriented
• Service orientation. Good communication skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Internship contract. 6 months duration
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
• Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Pau Mestre (Purchasing Manager).
2. A complete CV including contact details.
All applications must be addressed to Pau Mestre and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 1st, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.