- You are here: Home > Purchasing Officer
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The Purchasing Officer will join the Procurement Area Team, within the Finance Department, to cover a Purchasing Officer in sick leave. Together with the other 3 Purchasing Officers, the candidate will be expected to deal with users purchasing requests and procure them from external suppliers by negotiating prices and conditions and placing Purchase Orders, getting best value for money and fulfilling technical requests and delivery time requisitions. Manage approved ERP goods and services purchasing requests, price and conditions negotiation with suppliers, manage supplier’s portal and claim orders.
About the team
The objectives of the Procurement Area are to meet the needs of the users and of the institute, to guarantee delivery time, quality and to get value for money while ensuring compliance in public procurement regulations. The Procurement Manager, four Procurement Officers, the Warehouse officer, the Equipment Purchasing Officer and technical liaison, and currently one Public Tender Officer compose the Team.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have 2 years of experience in Purchasing items/services, negotiation, orders claims, attending service calls or monitoring all purchase process
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have good communication skills
• You have working experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP or similar)
• You are able to cope with different clerical tasks
Education and training
• You hold a degree in Business Administration or FP Administration
• You are proficient in Spanish and Catalan
• You have a medium level of English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• You have the ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
• You are detail oriented
• You have highly developed organizational skills
• You are proactive
• You have a hands-on profile and
• You are problem-resolution oriented
• You have a service orientation
• You have good communication skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Temporary position due to coverage of an employee's absence.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Pau Mestre (Purchasing Manager).
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Pau Mestre and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 15th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.