- You are here: Home > Public Tender Officer
You are here
Public Tender Officer
Public Tender Officer
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The Public Tender Officer will join the Procurement Area Team, within the Finance Department. Together with the other Public Tender Officer, the candidate will be expected to run, manage and control tender processes in accordance with Public Procurement Regulations. The successful candidate will instruct and assist internal users about the procedures to follow, and manage until execution the tendering process, and provide documents and information to external auditors, whenever applicable. The candidate will draft tender documentation, contracts and will monitor contract renewals in coordination with the other procurement officers.
About the team
The goals of the Procurement Area are attend user and institute’s needs, to guarantee delivery time, quality and to get value for money while ensuring compliance in public procurement regulations. The Procurement Manager, four Procurement Officers, the Warehouse officer, the Equipment Purchasing Officer and technical liason, and currently one Public Tender Officer compose the Team.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have 2 years of experience in public procurements
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have working experience in research institutes
• You have working experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP or similar)
• You have proven experience with the Public Procurement Service Platform of the Generalitat de Catalunya, with the Electronic Envelope tool and with the Platform of the Public Registry of Contracts of the Generalitat de Catalunya
Education and training
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Administration, Economics or equivalent, with specific training in public procurement and knowledge of Spanish procurement regulation
• You are proficient in Spanish and Catalan
• You have a medium level of English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
• Precision and attention to detail
• Highly developed organization skills
• Proactivity. Hands-on profile and problem-resolution oriented
• Service orientation. Good communication skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 3-years full-time position with option to extend to permanent contract.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Pau Mestre (Purchasing Manager).
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Pau Mestre and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by June 30th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.