- You are here: Home > Protein Tech Specialist
You are here
Protein Tech Specialist
Protein Tech Specialist
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The desired candidate will be mainly responsible for performing services including cloning, protein expression in bacteria, mammalian and insect cells system, protein purification using Akta chromatographic systems and biomolecular interaction analysis. The candidate will be also responsible of the Liquid handling robotic platforms for HTP screening.
Additional responsibilities include performing general lab administration, which includes the organization and maintenance of lab databases and stocks, ordering, data entry and other duties as assigned.
About the team
The Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies Unit (BMS&PT) provides researchers at CRG/PRBB, external academic institutions and private companies with a state-of-the-art technology platform and broad knowledge and expertise to perform DNA assembly, protein production and interaction analysis of biomolecules. Some of the equipment are endowed with various degrees of automation, utilized in several molecular, and cell biology applications. The team is composed by five technicians with more than 10 years’ experience in the field.
Our Unit is contributing to high impact research as shown on recent publications ( e.g. Nat com 2020, 2019, 2018, Science 2016).
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have more than 10 years of experience in a similar position as service provider
• You have extensive understanding of current molecular biology techniques
• You have experience in using FLPC purification systems (GE-AKTA)
• You have experience in antibody production and characterization
• You have experience in using liquid handling robotic platforms ( Tecan Evo 200 and Sciclone)
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have experience in Crispr design and vector preparation
• You have experience in HTP cell based screening assay for drug identification
Education and training
• You hold a Degree in Biochemistry or a related field
• You have fluent level of English
• You have advanced MS Office skills, Snapgene, CLC workbench, Benchling
• You have highly developed organization skills
• You have high quality of interpersonal skills
• You are capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Permanent Position.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: July 1st, 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr Carlo Carolis.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Carlo Carolis and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by June 21st, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.