- You are here: Home > Project Manager Position – Medical Genomics
You are here
Project Manager Position – Medical Genomics
Project Manager Position – Medical Genomics
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We have an opening for a Project Manager through the Instituto de Salud Carlos III funded project IMPaCT-Genómica that aims to establish a collaborative infrastructure for the implementation of Personalized Medicine in the Spanish Health System. Responsibilities for the Project Manager include:
1. Coordination of clinicians’ access to state-of-the-art genomic services, including: effective communication with prospective users, counselling services on the most suitable choice of technology and experimental design, budgeting and tracking of sequencing projects and establishing responses to public tenders.
2. Direct interaction with the CNAG-CRG researchers and technical staff to keep abreast of new genomic applications/ technologies, establishment of service fees, LIMS development, etc.
3. Close personal interaction and networking with the Spanish clinical genomics community. Representing CNAG-CRG at public symposia. Preparation of dissemination material.
4. Contribution to the standard procedures of the CNAG-CRG: user surveys, annual report, preparation and reporting of grant proposals, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative thinking individual, passionate about advances in clinical genomics.
About the team
The successful candidate will be integrated into the Project Management Team of the CNAG-CRG led by Dr. Mònica Bayés. The team works in a stimulating scientific environment, contributing to breakthrough research projects in Genomics that will impact people’s quality of life. The team has a diversified job content. at the interface of science, technology and management, offering continuous growth and support on a professional level.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have experience in next generation sequencing and/or data analysis
• You have a background in biomedical genomics
Education and training
• You hold a PhD (or equivalent) in biomedical genomics
• You are fluent in English
• You have proven ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on interdisciplinary level
• You have excellent organisational, management, prioritising, communication and interpersonal skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 2,5 years with possibility of extension.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: September 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Mònica Bayés.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Mònica Bayés and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 5th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.
Cofinanciación ISCII y Fondos Feder. IMP/00009.