- You are here: Home > Postdoctoral Researcher in Technology Development
You are here
Postdoctoral Researcher in Technology Development
Postdoctoral Researcher in Technology Development
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Dr. Ivo Gut, CNAG-CRG director and head of the Biomedical Genomics group, is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the EASI Genomics project, recently funded by the European Commission H2020 Programme and coordinated by Dr. Ivo Gut. The project, “European Advanced Sequencing Infrastructure” (EASI-Genomics), aims at integrating a set of large Research Infrastructures providing advanced sequencing services and opening them to the European research community.
He/she will work on the harmonization of current wet-lab NGS methodologies and the development of new and better techniques including i) for handling cell free and circulating nucleic acids ii) optimised processing of high molecular weight DNA for nanopore sequencing iii) single-cell sequencing technologies and iv) enrichment technologies for long-read sequencing. The position will be embedded in the CNAG-CRG sequencing unit headed by Dr. Marta Gut.
About the Lab
The CNAG-CRG, directed by Dr. Ivo Gut, aims to carry out large-scale projects in DNA/RNA sequence analysis for the improvement of quality of life in collaboration with the Spanish, European and International Research Community. The CNAG-CRG operates 7 Illumina and 4 Oxford Nanopore sequencing instruments together with an outstanding computing infrastructure (7.6 petabyte of data storage and 3472 cores of computing). The integrated CNAG-CRG infrastructure has one of the largest DNA sequencing capacities in Europe. The operation is certified ISO 9001 and accredited ISO 17025. Single-cell genomics and long-read sequencing are strategic priorities for CNAG-CRG, with dedicated laboratory teams.
Dr. Ivo Gut participates in the European Union Horizon 2020 funded projects BCAST, SPIDIA-4P, ELIXIR-EXCELERATE, SOLVE-RD, EJP-RD and EuCanCan. In addition, the CNAG-CRG participates in major
Spanish initiatives in Personalized Medicine such as the PERIS projects MedPERCAN and URDCat, the 1,000 Catalan Genomes project, and the Navarra project on personalized medicine.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You are very experienced in methods development.
- You have experience in next generation sequencing technologies.
Desirable but not required
- You have experience in single-cell and long read sequencing sequencing technologies (Oxford Nanopore Technologies).
- You have experience on implementing lab standards and benchmarking procedures.
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in molecular biology with excellent understanding of laboratory techniques.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have highly developed organization and coordination skills.
- You are capable to work independently and coordinate part of a team.
- You have very good communication skills.
- Contract duration: 1 year with the possibility to renew up to 4 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Target start date: as soon as the appropriate candidate is identified
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work/family life balance for our employees and offer the opportunity to benefit from annual leave and flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Ivo Gut
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Ivo Gut and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30th of June, 2020
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824110.