- You are here: Home > Post-Award Grants Officer
You are here
Post-Award Grants Officer
Post-Award Grants Officer
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Post-Award Grants Officer to strengthen the team of the Post-Award unit in the Budget Office.
The Post-Award Grants Officer’s mission is to proactively offer individualized and professional support to CRG Group Leaders and grant holders in effectively managing their external & internal funds, following internal policies and terms & conditions of the funding bodies.
The post holder will be reporting to the Head of the Department and be closely working with the other members of the team and the other relevant areas of administration (e.g. HR, Controlling, Accounting, Purchasing, Secretaries).
The main duties of this position will include:
• Support CRG Group Leaders and grant holders with the economic and administrative management of their funds
• Monitoring budget and expenditure levels on the assigned projects to provide project holders with regular follow-up in connection with expenditure control, budget deviations and budget forecasts
• Keeping funds and grants accounting records updated in the ERP and provide assistance to keep up-to-date data for the year-end and monthly closing process
• Acting as financial control point for approval of staff costs and equipment purchase (or their adjustment) and monitoring the time recording for EC-funded projects
• Elaborating projects financial statements and providing any other information needed to ensure adherence to the applicable regulations as well as compliance during financial audits and management of budget-recovery claims
• Liaising with funding bodies and project coordinators to solve administrative and financial issues
About the team
The mission of the Post-Award Unit is to proactively support the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as to manage the principal investigators’ core and external funding, with an individualized professional support throughout the project life cycle.
The services offered by the Post-Award Unit are:
• To act as a liaison between the CRG community on the one side and the funding agencies or sponsors/donors on the other side
• To identify and effectively disseminate the most suitable funding opportunities for the CRG community
• To provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in the grant acceptance arrangements
• To fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants
• To manage budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and CRG policies
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have a minimum three-year experience in a similar position in a scientific environment
• You have proven experience in managing applications to the major competitive calls for fellowships or research projects of national and international funding bodies
• You have proven experience in financial management and reporting of public and private competitive funding (e.g. Spanish and Catalan government, European Commission, private foundations)
• You have knowledge of Oracle/ SAP
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• If you have previous experience in a Financial Department or Audit Firm it will be an advantage
Education and training
• You hold a Degree in Finance or Economics related disciplines
• You are fluent in English and Spanish
• Good knowledge of Catalan would be a plus
• You have strong office package skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• You have proven experience in using ERP/data management systems
• You are proactive, multi-tasking and results-oriented
• You have strong numerical skills and you are capable of performing high level analysis and convey key points to a variety of audiences
• You have the focus to work with precision and attention to detail
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse audience
• You have the ability to work to tight deadlines
• You can work collaboratively under standard and established procedures
• You are able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels
• You have highly developed organizational skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Permanent position subject to a 6 months probationary period.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Mariana Morlans.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Mariana Morlans and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 16th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.