- You are here: Home > PhD student
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are searching a PhD student to work on the mechanism of endoplasmic reticulum- Golgim organization, especially with reference to collagen export.
About the lab
The main goal of the lab is to understand the mechanism of protein secretion.
Whom would we like to hire?
- Expertise in collagen physiology, working with tissue culture cells, molecular biology, working with genomics of cells of patients with collagenopathies.
Education and training
- You hold a Master degree (minimum 350 ECTS).
- Record of publications in International journal.
- You are proficient in English
- You have excellent organisational skills.
- Molecular biology skills.
- You have attention to detail
- You are excellence-driven
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 4 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Target start date: June 2023
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Vivek Malhotra.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Vivek Malhotra and be submitted through the “Apply” button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by a Committee selection panel.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the People department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by March 29th, 2023.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.