- You are here: Home > PhD position in the Epigenetics and Cancer Lab
You are here
PhD position in the Epigenetics and Cancer Lab
PhD position in the Epigenetics and Cancer Lab
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Our lab has an open PhD position in molecular and cancer biology at the Department of Gene Regulation Stem Cell and Cancer for a highly motivated and talented candidate. The position is for a period of 4 years, with the possibility of a 5th year extension.
About the team
We offer a dynamic and international working environment. The exciting and multidisciplinary research project will focus on investigating the link between epigenetic modifications and cancer progression by combination of RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, single cell analysis, protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques.
We are especially interested in understanding the contribution of Polycomb complex in aberrant epigenetic silencing during tumorigenesis.
Selected publications form our lab within the topic of this project are listed below:
1. Jain P et al. (2020) PHF19 mediated regulation of proliferation and invasiveness in prostate cancer. eLife, 9, e51373.
2. Aranda S et al. (2019) Chromatin capture links the metabolic enzyme AHCY to stem cell proliferation. Science Advances, 5, eaav244.
3. Mas G et al. (2018) Promoter bivalency favors an open architecture of the stem cell genome. Nature Genetics, 50,1452-1462.
4. Schuettengruber et al. Cell, 171, 34-57.
5. Beringer M et al. (2016) EPOP Functionally Links Elongin and Polycomb in Pluripotent Stem Cells. Molecular Cell, 64, 645-58.
Whom would we like to hire?
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have previous lab experience in the following areas:
- Standard molecular techniques (such as cloning, PCR, qPCR, western blotting etc...)
- Cell culture, FACS analysis
- Experience in chromatin experimental methods (e.g. ChIP-seq, ATAC)
Education and training
- You hold a Master's degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields by the time applying or not later than September 2021
- You have a good level in written and spoken English
- You are a highly motivated and organized candidate
- You are a fast learner, with good communication skills
- You have proven track record of team work
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 4 years PhD Position
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: Between January and September 2021
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Luciano Di Croce.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Luciano Di Croce and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 15th, 2020.
El proyecto al que hace referencia este contrato, ha sido financiado por la Agencia Estatal de Investigación.