- You are here: Home > Mass Spectrometry Technician at the Proteomics Unit
You are here
Mass Spectrometry Technician at the Proteomics Unit
Mass Spectrometry Technician at the Proteomics Unit
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
A new position is open for a mass spectrometry technician at the CRG/UPF Proteomics Unit in Barcelona. The successful applicant will become a part of an international team of scientists, which is working closely with scientists at the Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona. The available position is in a laboratory that focuses on the identification, quantification and characterization of proteins by HPLC and ESI-based mass spectrometry. The duties associated with the position will focus on i) preparation, reception and management of research biomedical samples for mass spectrometric analysis, ii) daily operation and maintenance of high-end mass spectrometers and liquid chromatography, iii) quality control and quality assessment, inventory maintenance, laboratory purchases, stock management, protocol maintenance, and elaboration of service quotations among other administrative tasks.
• You have previous experience in mass spectrometry and biomedical/chemical research
• You have previous experience working in a research infrastructure providing proteomics services
• You have previous experience operating high-end mass spectrometers including triple quadrupoles, Q-TOFs and the Orbitrap Eclipse (calibration procedures, maintenance, operation, etc)
• You have previous experience operating high-pressure nano-LC chromatographic systems
• You have previous experience in industry and quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001 environments)
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have previous experience working with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle)
• You have experience with the handling and preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samples
Education and training
• You hold a “Cicle Formatiu de Grau Superior” in disciplines related to “Chemistry”
• You are fluent in English
• You have highly developed organization skills
• You have analytical skills and critical thinking
• You have the capability of working independently and in a team
• You have good skills with office automation and data analysis software
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Permanent position.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: July 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Eduard Sabidó.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Eduard Sabidó and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 6th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.