- You are here: Home > Legal Officer
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and highly motivated Legal Officer to support the Legal Department at the CRG. The successful candidate will give legal advice and support to the Legal department through the performance of the assigned duties and responsibilities. The Legal Officer will report to the Head of the Legal department, ensuring high quality, efficient processes and timely delivery.
The Legal Officer will be in charge of:
- Carrying out the legal review of contracts, including commercial and service contracts, as well as specific agreements
- Giving legal support on the preparation of tender documents of the CRG Public Procurement proceedings
- Assistance in the implementation of Personal Data procedures
- Drafting legal briefs
- Authentication of documents with notaries
- Management of records and files of the legal department and legal contents of web and intranet.
About the department
The mission of the Legal Department is to provide legal advice on all matters affecting the centre, thereby ensuring compliance with current regulations. The services offered by the Legal Department include the legal advice on contracts and agreements between CRG and other institutions, monitoring the legislative changes, legal advice on Personal Data Protection, drafting legal action documents, administrative appeals and legal statements, definition and implementation of Public Procurement proceedings and documentation, execution of legal proceedings with official bodies and taking over the insurance policies of the center.
Whom would we like to hire?
Studies and work experience:
- You hold a University Degree in Law
- You have minimum three years’ experience in a similar position.
Technical skills required:
- You are an advanced user of MS Office and other digital tools related to the legal field.
- Specific training in administrative law and personal data protection will be valuable
- Experience in the biomedical field and / or in the public sector would be appreciated
- Fluent level of English and Catalan, spoken and written.
- You are a proactive person
- You are responsible and rigorous at work
- You are customer-oriented and have a problem-solving attitude
- You have the ability to comply with deadlines
- You are used to work in a team
- You have a discrete nature and a high sense of confidentiality.
- Contract duration: Initial work contract of two years with possibility of extension.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: as soon as possible, ideally in February 2019.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Cristina Casaus
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Cristina Casaus and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15th of January,2019