- You are here: Home > Junior Controller
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for a junior Controller with interest in the research/academic environment to join the controlling team in the Finance Department.
Main responsibilities include:
• Prepare and submit reports and official surveys by collecting, analysing and consolidating financial data. (Generalitat UNEIX, MICINN TCI-SICTI, EU-Life, etc)
• Maintain and update Dashboard and KPI information systems systematically
• Conduct billing and manage receivables for the Technology Transfer and Business Development activities
• Generate, analyse and report financial data related to business units (Core Technologies Program, Technology Transfer and Business Development Department, and other services)
• Coordinate, review and update costing and pricing system for business activities
• Assisting in the management, auditing and reporting of institutional awards (ISCIII, MICINN, etc)
• Assisting in the Centre’s budget planning, monitoring and reporting. Following up expenditures and income, analysing deviations and proposing corrective actions
• Manage budget allocations and conduct daily operations with the ERP System
About the department
Controlling has two members and reports to the Head of the Finance Department. It is in charge of general financial planning, monitoring and reporting. Main tasks are:
- Budgeting (planning and settlement)
- Revenue, expenses and profitability analysis and reporting (CoreTechnologies Program, CNAG and Technology Transfer and Business Devlelopment activities)
- Business intelligence and performance analytics. Information Systems management
- Forecasting and modelling. Business case provision
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have 1 years’ experience in auditing/controlling or equivalent experience
• You have experience with ERP Systems
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have audit procedures knowledge
• You have Power BI or other BI software knowledge
• You have experience in public research finance management
Education and training
• You hold a Degree in Business Administration
• You have an advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan, spoken and written
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• You have excellent command in Excel
• You have numerical and analytical skills
• You are accurate and detail oriented
• You have critical and judgement thinking
• You have problem solving skills
• You have the ability to easily adapt to new situations
• You have good communication skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 1 year.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Jaume Bacardit.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Jaume Bacardit and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 11th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.