- You are here: Home > IT Helpdesk technician
You are here
IT Helpdesk technician
IT Helpdesk technician
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
The Helpdesk technician will be sharing with the other Helpdesk technician the responsibility of resolving user requests of any kind, both in-situ or remotely.
The main responsibilities are:
- Support to the users
- User ticket resolution
- Troubleshooting and administration of users
- Installation and support of computer Hardware
- Installation and support of computer Software
- Support for meetings and rooms
- Support of printers
- Support of telephone lines and mobile devices
- Management tasks
- Device inventory
- Software inventory
About the department
The IT Department is responsible for providing IT services to over 500 users in two different locations (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park - PRBB and Barcelona Scientific Park - PCB). The department is divided in 3 areas; the Helpdesk team - responsible for the direct support to the user, the Systems Administration team - in charge of administrating all the IT systems and the Web team - responsible of the web development and support.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar role, preferably in an international research and/or academic environment
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computing, Telecommunications, or similar degree
- You have knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- You have knowledge of Mac OS
- You have knowledge of Linux main distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Skype for Business
- You have knowledge of hardware installation and PC assembly
- You have knowledge of smartphones and common telephony
- You have knowledge of audio-visuals (projectors etc…)
- You have knowledge of networks (LAN, WIFI)
- You have an advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan
- Initiative: Proactive, and results-oriented.
- Communications: Strong communication skills; written and verbal. Ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Planning & Prioritization: Ability to work to tight deadlines, and making decisions
- Teamwork: Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Collaboration: Can work collaboratively under standard and established procedures.
- Interpersonal relations: Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
Desirable but not required
- Knowledge of SharePoint will be appreciated
- Knowledge of Office365 will be appreciated
- Knowledge of Systems Administration tasks (network, Fortinet firewall, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
- Contract duration: 1-year full-time position (option to extend may be considered at the end of the term)
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Yann Dublanche.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Yann Dublanche and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 25th of November, 2018