- You are here: Home > Industry Liaison Manager
You are here
Industry Liaison Manager
Industry Liaison Manager
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The Technology Transfer and Business Development Office is seeking an Industry Liaison Manager to maximise the social and business impact of the research activity and results obtained by the CRG scientific community.
The successful candidate will:
• Pro-actively contribute to monitor the latest lab news, research, and technology developments at CRG. The candidate will contribute to the assessment and prioritisation of CRG’s innovations and design of the critical path to project maturation and value creation.
• Actively prospect and engage expertise, technological partners and companies to progress projects towards licensing or spin off launch.
• Design and implement a plan to boost Co-operative Innovation with Industry aiming to create value for the CRG research community and the industrial partners, thereby contributing to accelerate and de-risk the adoption of new knowledge and technologies.
• Improve visibility of CRG and enable companies worldwide to access the CRG research capacities.
• Nurture strong working relationship with innovation and industry experts with the aim to understand current challenges and to anticipate future needs.
• Engage the CRG scientific community to solve innovation challenges for industrial applications.
• Create regular forums and organize expert-level workshops for formal and informal interaction and knowledge exchange between CRG research community and innovation stakeholders.
• Pro-actively seek funding for innovation projects and support CRG researches in the preparation of grant proposals, particularly in Proof of Concept and public-private partnerships.
• Manage formal agreements with innovation and industry partners and perform research alliance function.
• Actively contribute to the goals and initiatives of the TBDO, including generating financial resources for CRG’s innovation activities and fostering entrepreneurship culture.
About the team
The Technology and Business Development Office (TBDO) engages with CRG`s scientists having the ambition to transfer scientific results into the marketplace or to solve innovation challenges for industrial applications. Our aim is to ensure a positive impact on society out of the knowledge and technology developed at CRG. We strive for an inclusive environment of scientific and entrepreneurial excellence, offering CRG`s scientist business oriented training and connections with innovation, investors and industry experts. TBDO strategically evaluates, protects and commercializes products and services for the life science sector through licensing and launching of spin off companies.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have expertise in performing or managing innovation driven research projects and/or consortia in the life science sector
• You have industry expertise or equivalent and understand Industry innovation ecosystem
• You have a genuine motivation and interest to be part of the innovation and business development activities at CRG
• You are able to analyse extensive and complex technical documents in various fields and extract the key information
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have experience in business development, technology transfer and innovation processes
• You have worked in a research-intensive organisation such as start-ups, biotech or pharma sectors
• You have experience in performing industry liaison and/or alliance roles
• You have at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience
• You are familiar with academic research using clinical, biological and/or genomic data and techniques
Education and training
• You hold a PhD in Biological, Chemical, Bioinformatics or equivalent programming and computational sciences involving the assessment of biomedical Data
• You are proficient in English. Catalan and Spanish are a plus
• Written skills to elaborate financial, business reports and marketing material
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• You have skills to establish and coordinate international research and/or business collaborations including private and public entities
• You have highly developed organization skills
• You have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• You have the ability to build meaningful relationships with different stakeholders across the life science innovation and industry
• You have strong attention to detail
• You are goal oriented
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 3 years with possibility of extension.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: 1 May 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile work and family life of its employees and is offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Anabel Sanz.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Anabel Sanz and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by April 10th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.