- You are here: Home > Human Resources Internship
You are here
Human Resources Internship
Human Resources Internship
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
An exciting learning opportunity has arisen to join our Human Resources Team at the CRG in Barcelona. We offer the opportunity to build your skills and strengths within a motivating work environment with a culture that is open and innovative, to develop your career in HR.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with drive to support our recruitment function and dedicated HR projects that will impact Talent Management and Acquisition. In this role, you will collaborate with many of the team members across HR and provide HR support.
Being guided by the Head of Human Resources, you will have the opportunity to participate in many ongoing HR projects, such as, HR Excellence in Research, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan, Induction, among others.
Main responsibilities of the position are:
- Participate in HR projects.
- Collaborate in the advertising campaigns of the recruitment processes, including job posting.
- Develop pipeline of eligible candidates for future open positions.
- Support HR Team in creating an engaging work environment.
- Collate HR KPI's and analyse trends for reporting purposes.
- Develop corporate communication materials for HR.
- Support the onboarding of the new employees.
- Provide a wide range of HR support.
About the Department
The mission of the CRG’s HR Department is to ensure effective and efficient human resource services, thereby fostering a positive and diverse work environment and promoting equal opportunities and work- life balance, with the goal to enhance the potential of every CRG member.
The HR Team is composed by nine people, forming a sound combination of different backgrounds, nationalities, seniority, culture and gender; thus representing CRG’s diversity.
Whom would we like to hire?
As the ideal candidate you are a career focused, and self-driven graduate who possesses the following:
- You hold a Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology or postgraduate studies in Human Resources.
Due to the job requirements, candidates should be final year students or MBA undergrads.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You are interested in employer branding and employee engagement.
- You speak fluent English and Spanish. Catalan is a plus.
- You have advanced MS Office skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You are proactive, enthusiastic and capable of working independently
- You have strong communication skills
- You are organised, analytical and detail oriented
- You possess a high-level of problem-solving skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Duration: Minimum 1-year internship programme, flexible hours or full time depending on your level of commitment between work and studies.
- Salary: Competitive compensation.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must be addressed to Olalla Bagues and be submitted by means of on-line application through the "Apply" button below.
- A Motivation Letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- Two contacts for further references
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS and Motivation Letter.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 23rd of January 2020.