- You are here: Home > HR Recruitment and Development Specialist
You are here
HR Recruitment and Development Specialist
HR Recruitment and Development Specialist
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for an “HR Recruitment and Development Specialist” who is excited by the challenge of providing an excellent service in a stimulating international research environment. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Recruitment and Development Specialist will perform and execute activities relating to Recruitment, Learning and Development, and HR Projects.
The main responsibilities are:
Recruitment: Manage the full cycle recruitment and perform the following responsibilities:
• Serve as a focal person in the CRG recruitment system (Applicant Tracking System);
• Prepare vacancy announcements for all open positions, and advertise effectively in the relevant job boards;
• Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
• Review applications and provide a long/short-list upon request by the Hiring Managers;
• Arrange and assist in job interviews;
• Ensure all recruitment documents of successful candidates are completed (CV, motivation letter and reference letters);
• Follow-up of every step in the recruitment processes to ensure compliance with Recruitment Policies and Guidelines;
• Maintain and update recruitment reports, presentations and statistics data on a regular basis.
Learning and Development: Collaborate in the implementation of training and career development activities: Mentoring programme, performance appraisal systems, feedback interviews, exit interviews, training courses, recruiting procedures, etc.
Institutional HR related activities and projects: Collaboration and support in different projects of the department such as HR Excellence in Research, Equality Plan, Onboarding, Alumni, and Career Development.
About the department
The mission of the HR Department is to ensure effective and efficient human resource services, thereby fostering a positive and diverse work environment and promoting equal opportunities and work-life balance, with the goal of enhancing the potential of every CRG member. The main services offered by the HR Department are:
• Recruitment process
• Welcome, onboarding and farewell procedures
• Training and development
• Resource planning and budgeting
• Contracts, payroll and personnel management
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
• You have demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with human resources issues and using current HR systems and practices
• You have previous experience in an international academic environment; preferably, in a research organisation
Education and training
• You hold a relevant university degree in Psychology, Business Administration or a field related to Human Resources
• You hold a Master’s degree in Human Resources or a similar field
• You are fluent in English and proficiency in Spanish. Catalan would be an advantage.
• You are an advanced user of MS Office
• You have knowledge of social media and online tools
• You have a solid service and client orientation, flexibility and ability to find innovative solutions
• You have high level of accuracy, proven ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, set priorities, plan and organize
• You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multicultural environment
• You have a diplomatic and tactful personality able to handle sensitive and confidential information
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Permanent contract.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: April 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Olalla Bagüés.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Olalla Bagüés and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by March 1st, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.