- You are here: Home > HR Intern (Proficient in English)
You are here
HR Intern (Proficient in English)
HR Intern (Proficient in English)
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
An exciting learning opportunity has arisen to join our Human Resources Team at the CRG in Barcelona. We offer the opportunity to build your skills and strengths within a motivating work environment with a culture that is open and innovative, to develop your career in HR.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with drive to support our recruitment function and dedicated HR projects that will impact Talent Management and Acquisition.
In this role, you will collaborate with many of the hiring managers and staff team members across the Centre and provide HR support.
Being guided by the Head of Human Resources, you will have the opportunity to participate in many ongoing HR projects, such as, HR Excellence in Research, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan, Appraisal system, among others.
Main responsibilities of the position are:
• Participate in HR projects and in different talent initiatives.
• Collaborate in the advertising campaigns of the recruitment processes (including job posting and management of the applicant tracking system ATS) and in interviewing candidates.
• Collate HR KPI's and analyse trends for reporting purposes.
• Develop corporate communication materials for HR.
• Provide a wide range of HR support to gain enriching experience across an HR Department.
About the department
The mission of the CRG’s HR Department is to ensure effective and efficient human resources services, thereby fostering a positive and diverse work environment and promoting equal opportunities and work- life balance.
In this way, the HR Department pursues to provide a nurturing environment to attain organisational excellence ensuring Attractive Working Conditions, Career Development Opportunities including an enriching training portfolio, with the goal to enhance the potential of every CRG member.
The HR Team is composed by eight people, forming a sound combination of different backgrounds, nationalities, seniority, culture and gender; thus representing CRG’s diversity.
Who would we like to hire?
As the ideal candidate you are a career focused, and self-driven student who possesses the following:
• You hold a Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology or related field. Applicants with ongoing post-graduated studies in Human Resources are also welcomed
Due to the job requirements, candidates should be final year students or ongoing Master students.
Desirable but not required
• You are interested in employer branding and employee engagement
• English and Spanish Proficiency Level
• You have advanced MS Office skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• You are proactive, enthusiastic and capable of working independently
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You are results oriented
• You are organised, analytical and detail oriented
• You possess a high-level of problem-solving skills
• Duration: minimum 1-year internship programme, flexible hours or full time depending on your level of commitment between work and studies.
• Salary: Competitive compensation.
• Starting date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must be addressed to Olalla Bagüés and be submitted by means of on-line application through the "Apply" button below. The applications must include:
1. A Motivation Letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. Two contacts for further references.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and motivation reflected on the candidate’s CVs and Motivation Letter.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Head of HR.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will inform about the start day, and salary, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 22, 2020.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.