- You are here: Home > Senior Grants Specialist
You are here
Senior Grants Specialist
Senior Grants Specialist
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants Specialist to join the team of the Grants Office.
Reporting to the Head of Grants Office, the Grants Specialist proactively assists the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and other activities related to the institute’s strategic goals, following CRG internal policies and terms and conditions of the funding bodies.
This position is focused on the pre-award management of National and International calls for research projects, although the post holder may provide support for competitive proposals of other types, if the need arises, working in liaison with the other administrative departments (i.e. Human Resources, Legal Office, International and Scientific Affairs, Finance).
The main responsibilities include:
• Identifying suitable external funding sources and opportunities for internal dissemination to the CRG community, while providing proactive and tailored advice in securing competitive funding for their R&D&I activities.
• Providing professional guidance and support in preparing R&D&I proposals to competitive calls from relevant funders.
• Coordinating the acceptance process, including the administrative, financial and legal internal review in liaison with the relevant departments and the hand-over to the Funds Managers.
Occasional travelling is required locally and abroad.
About the department
The mission of the Grants Office is to proactively support the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as to manage the principal investigators’ core and external funding, with an individualized professional support throughout the project life cycle.
The services offered by the Grants Office are:
• To act as a liaison between the CRG community, on the one side and the funding agencies or sponsors/donors on the other.
• To identify and effectively disseminate the most suitable funding opportunities for the CRG community
• To provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance process
• To fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants
• To manage budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and CRG policies.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have a minimum three-year experience in a similar position
• You have proven experience in managing grant applications to the major competitive calls from national and international private and public funding bodies
Desirable but not required
• You have demonstrated experience in financial management and reporting of national and international awards
• You have previous experience in a life-science environment
Education and training
• You hold a University degree. A degree in Life Sciences may be an advantage
• You are fluent in English and Spanish
• If you have a good knowledge of Catalan it would be a plus
• You are an advanced user of MS Office (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
• You are proactive, multi-tasking and results-oriented
• You have strong numerical skills, you are capable of performing high level analysis and convey key points to a variety of audiences
• You have the focus to work with precision and attention to detail
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse audience and organize workshops and project meetings.
• You have the ability to work to tight deadlines
• You have the ability to work independently as well as being a team player
• You can work collaboratively under standard and established procedures
• You are able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels
• Contract duration: Permanent Position.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Gabriele Picarella.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Gabriele Picarella and be submitted online on the "apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: once the successful candidate is identified, the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by May 25th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.