- You are here: Home > Genomics Unit Lab Technician
You are here
Genomics Unit Lab Technician
Genomics Unit Lab Technician
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for a laboratory technician for the field of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). The technician will work together with the other team members to provide various kind of NGS services to the users of the CRG Genomics Unit.
Specific job duties will include the quality control as well as preparation of samples and libraries for sequencing on state-of-the-art Illumina sequencers and operation and maintenance of the equipment. This involves applying standard laboratory protocols and operating the sequencing instruments according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
About the lab
The CRG Genomics Unit (http://www.crg.eu/taxonomy/term/46) provides services for Next-Generation Sequencing for users from the CRG and external research groups. The unit is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation for high-throughput sequencing. We support a broad spectrum of NGS applications including gene expression analyses, whole genome sequencing, ChIP-seq, smallRNA sequencing and many others. Besides using standard laboratory protocols, we focus on providing customized services in close collaboration with our users. In order to constantly provide service with cutting-edge applications and protocols we also improve and develop methods and protocols for library preparation and sequencing.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have two years of relevant laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques
Desirable but not required
• You have previous hands-on experience with NGS library preparation
• You have experience with Agilent Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, TapeStation or similar equipment for DNA/RNA analysis
• You have experience with automated liquid handling systems
Education and training
• You hold a Formació Professional (FP), B.Sc., M.Sc., or PhD in molecular biology or a related field
• You are fluent in English
• You have hands-on experience with relevant molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR; RT-PCR, qPCR, electrophoresis, DNA/RNA purification)
• You are familiar with MS Office skills
• You are able to work in a dynamic environment
• You have a flexible working attitude
• You have highly developed organizational skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Jochen Hecht.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Jochen Hecht and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by October 29th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.