- You are here: Home > Funds Manager Part-time
You are here
Funds Manager Part-time
Funds Manager Part-time
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Funds Manager to strengthen the team of the Grants Office.
The Funds Manager’s mission is to proactively offer individualized and professional support to CRG Group Leaders and grant holders in effectively managing their core and external funds, following internal policies and terms & conditions of the funding bodies.
The post holder will be reporting to the Head of the Department and be closely working with the other members of the team.
The main duties of this position will include:
- Providing Group Leaders and grant holders with a single overview of their internal and external funds
- Providing advice to ensure full compliance during award acceptance arrangements
- Monitoring budget and expenditure levels on the assigned projects
- Providing project holders with regular follow-up and advice in connection with expenditure control, budget deviations and budget forecasts
- Keeping funds and grants accounting records updated in Oracle
- Acting as financial control point for approval of staff costs and equipment purchase (or their adjustment) and monitoring time recording system for EC-funded projects
- Elaborating projects financial statements and providing any other information needed to ensure adherence to the applicable regulations as well as compliance during financial audits, including preparation of budget-recovery claims, whilst supporting project´s holders for timely submission of scientific reports
- Liaising with funding bodies and project coordinators to solve administrative and financial issues
About the team
The mission of the Grants Office is to proactively support the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as to manage the principal investigators’ core and external funding, with an individualized professional support throughout the project life cycle.
The services offered by the Grants Office are:
- To act as a liaison between the CRG community on the one side and the funding agencies or sponsors/donors on the other side,
- To identify and effectively disseminate the most suitable funding opportunities for the CRG community,
- To provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance,
- To fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants,
- To manage budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and CRG policies.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a minimum three-year experience in a similar position
- You have proven experience in financial management and reporting of awards from a range of funding bodies (i.e. Spanish and Catalan government, European Commission)
Desirable but not required
- You have proven experience in financial management of awards from other international funding bodies and foundations
- You have previous experience in a Financial Department or in a scientific environment
- You have knowledge in Oracle
- You have knowledge of tools like Dropbox, Wikis, Google tools or others
Education and training
- You hold a Degree in Finance or Economics
- You are fluent in English and Spanish
- Good knowledge of Catalan would be a plus
- You have strong skills with the office package (Word , Excel, Power Point)
- You have proven experience in using ERP/data management systems
- You have strong numerical skills
- You are proactive, multi-tasking and result-oriented
- You are capable of performing high level analysis and convey key points to a variety of audiences
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- You are focused to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- You are able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Contract duration: Initial 3-year full-time contract with the possibility to become permanent
- Working hours: Monday-Friday: 8-9 am to 12-13. Occasional travelling required
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Gabriele Picarella.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Gabriele Picarella and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by November 30th, 2020.