- You are here: Home > Functional Genomics Senior Bioinformatician
You are here
Functional Genomics Senior Bioinformatician
Functional Genomics Senior Bioinformatician
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We have an opening for a senior Bioinformatics Analyst that will lead the Functional Genomics team at CNAG-CRG.
We seek a senior bioinformatician with a strong computational and genomics background to lead a small group of 2-4 people that conduct analyses in bulk RNA sequencing and single-cell RNA sequencing datasets as well as perform functional integrative omic analysis. Besides performing and supervising analyses, the selected candidate will be responsible of the communication with users, including counselling experimental design, adapting the bioinformatics workflows for tailored analysis and interpretation of ongoing biology.
Finally, the team will be expected to contribute to the software development and benchmarking efforts of the CNAG-CRG.
About the team
The successful candidate will lead the Functional Genomics Team of the CNAG-CRG, currently composed of 3 people (https://www.cnag.crg.eu/teams/bioinformatics-unit/functional-genomics). The team interacts closely with Bioinformatics and Statistical Development, Genome Assembly and Annotation and Single cell Genomics teams in a stimulating scientific environment, contributing to breakthrough research projects in Genomics that will impact people’s quality of life.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have more than 5 years of experience in analyzing and interpreting high-throughput functional sequencing data (RNA-seq, WGBS)
• You have more than 5 years of experience in biological networks and biomedical genomics
• You have more than 1 year of Management Leadership Experience
Education and training
• You hold a PhD in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics or similar
• You are fluent in English
• You have strong knowledge of statistical data analysis
• You have programming skills (R/Bioconductor, Python or similar)
• You have highly developed organization skills
• You have a multi-tasking, problem solving and proactive attitude
• You have excellent communication skills
• You are capable to easily interact with people of different scientific backgrounds
• You have strong analytical skills
• You are a team player
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Permanent Position.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: October, 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Ivo Gut.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Ivo Gut and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 20th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.