- You are here: Home > Full-Stack Web developer
You are here
Full-Stack Web developer
Full-Stack Web developer
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are seeking a Full-Stack Web developer with experience in handling large scale data, and ReST APIs. The primary goal of the job would be to participate in projects ongoing at EGA (European Genome-Phenome Archive, www.ega-archive.org) related to web interface to expose non-sensitive data in meaningful ways.
About the team
The Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG, www.crg.eu) in Barcelona is co-managing the EGA (European Genome-Phenome Archive, www.ega-archive.org) in partnership with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI, www.ebi.ac.uk) to explore and develop joint services based around human biomolecular data and its associated phenotype information. EGA is ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org) Core Data Resources and ELIXIR Recommended Deposition Repository and ELIXIR Spain (www.inab.es) service. It is supported by ELIXIR Spain, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC, www.bsc.es), the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, www.upf.edu) and is based at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB, www.prbb.org).The EGA is involved in many precision medicine initiatives and projects and looking forward to provide advanced services for that community.
The EGA team at CRG is a diverse group currently composed by 16 members and steadily growing with developers, curators and system administrators.
• You have a strong background in Web frontend (HTML, CSS, JS)
• You have understanding of server-side aspects (including web security)
• You have experience in working with REST API’s for application and services integration
• You have experience in Python (including async programming)
• You have experience with containerization technology (such as docker)
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have knowledge of querying databases: SQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Neo4J, etc: Database management experience is a major plus
• You have experience in Data Curation, Data mining, harmonization
• You have UX Design Experience and proficiency with design tools
Education and training
• You hold a Master or PhD in Computer Science, or a strong relevant working experience
• You are fluent in English, as it is the working language of the group
• You are an independent thinker
• You are accurate and detail-oriented
• You are a team player
The Offer – Working conditions
• Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension.
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: September 2021.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 9th, 2021.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No- 824110EASI-Genomics.