- You are here: Home > Floor Manager
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic CRG Floor Manager to ensure the appropriate lab management of all common spaces of the CRG Programmes.
The main responsibilities of the position will include:
• Provide day-to-day support in all aspects related to CRG common spaces (including administrative, safety, facility maintenance, equipment acquisition and maintenance, purchase of supplies), in close interaction with Programme users and with other departments (facility management, equipment maintenance, IT and purchasing, Health and Safety)
o Assist programme members and interact with members of other departments to cover program’s needs
o Support newcomers in providing general training of CRG equipment
o Assist with the incorporation of new Principal Investigators and departures
• Ensure the organization of common rooms to maintain quality and efficiency and to assure compliance with internal and external regulatory standards.
Reporting to the Programme Coordinators of the Programmes assigned to, the Floor manager will closely work with the other CRG Floor Manager to distribute responsibilities and tasks. The successful candidate will also work with lab managers and lab members and Principal Investigators/Unit Heads, as well as other lab-related departments, in particular facility management and equipment maintenance, purchasing, IT and Health and Safety.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have more than 5 years of laboratory experience
• You have knowledge of technical systems required for biomedical laboratory work
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have previous experience in a similar position (lab programme/department manager) that provides support to a programme/department and with strong interactions with many users within the different labs (lab managers) and other lab-related departments (facility management and maintenance, purchasing, health and safety etc.)
Education and training
• You hold a PhD or equivalent experience
• You have excellent oral and written English skills and have a good command of Spanish
• You have specialized lab technical skills
• You have advanced computer skills
• You are a flexible person, able to interact with different stakeholders (scientists, technicians, external technical staff, lab-related administration staff, Direction) and find consensus.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You are an organized person and detail-oriented
• You are able to work both autonomously and in cross-functional teams
• You have a very strong problem-solving attitude
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: Initial 3 year temporary contract with the option to become a permanent position
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
• Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to HR.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to HR and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by July 28th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.