- You are here: Home > Finance/ Accounting Internship
You are here
Finance/ Accounting Internship
Finance/ Accounting Internship
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The purpose of the finance/ accounting Internship is to introduce students to The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), which offers you the opportunity to contribute to the success of the finance department by helping them with the following:
• Reconcile bank statements and cash account in the General Ledger
• Intrastat report preparation (Monthly basis)
• Intra-Community transactions report preparation (Model 349)
• Assisting Accounting Area with data research, filing forms, data entry to the ERP, and recording and maintaining accounting records.
• Prepare documents for audit
Depending on the development of the candidate, other tasks of an accounting nature could be performed.
Who would we like to hire
• You are currently studying an “FP”, Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent
• You have the availability to do a student placement agreement through your University for at least 6 months
• You must be fluent in Spanish and/or Catalan and intermediate level of English
• You have knowledge of Advanced Excel/ MS Office
• You are detail oriented
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You have a passion for Finance topics
• You are highly motivated and eager to learn
• Duration: Minimum 6 months internship. Possible to cover the full length of the studies in course.
• Weekly schedule: Monday to Friday, 4-6 hours per day.
• Starting date: As soon as possible.
• Paid internship
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A Cover letter
2. A full CV including contact details.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and motivation reflected on the candidate’s CVs and Motivation Letter.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Finance Team.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will inform about the start day, and salary, among other important details.
All applications must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
Deadline: Please submit your application by November 30th, 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.