- You are here: Home > EGA Team Leader
You are here
EGA Team Leader
EGA Team Leader
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The EGA Team Leader is a member of the strategic and operational management of the whole EGA, as leader of the EGA team at CRG. Working closely with the EGA Director at the CRG, the Team Leader is responsible of different aspects, ranging from delivery of the service to application to competitive funding, while driving the team to reach the objectives committed to in strategic alliances and granted projects.
About the team
The European Genome-phenome Archive (EGA – https://ega-archive.org) is a repository for sensitive biomolecular and phenotypic human data, hosting thousands of datasets and serving them worldwide in coordination with the data owners. It is co-managed by the CRG and European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI). The EGA Team is currently formed by 15 people and involved in several human data management and discovery projects.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 5+ years of experience in managing teams in international projects
- You have 5+ years of proven experience in managing IT user oriented services
- You have proven contributions to the Human Data Management and Discovery domain
- You have experience as Work Package Leader in European projects
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience with international organizations like ELIXIR or the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health
- You have experience in organization/enterprise management
- You are familiar with the FAIR principles
- You have deep understanding of IT concepts like security, networking, relational and NoSQL databases, web technologies, asynchronous communications, big data principles and high performance computers
Education and training
- You hold at least a MSc in Biology, Human Genetics or a similar topic
- You are proficient in English
- You are fluent in Spanish and/or Catalan
- You have advanced software engineering skills
- You have bioinformatics skills
- You are power user of desktop tools
- You have highly developed team organization skills
- You have very good interpersonal skills for managing a multidisciplinary team
- You have excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- You have capacity to represent a project and/or institution at international forums
- You have good writing skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: Permanent contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: November 1st 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Arcadi Navarro.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Arcadi Navarro and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by October 27th, 2020.