- You are here: Home > Data Coordination Manager
You are here
Data Coordination Manager
Data Coordination Manager
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We invite applications for a Data Coordination Manager for the ImpactT2D project, which analyzes whole genome sequences and phenotypic data from a large sequence cohort of patients with type 2 diabetes. ImpactT2D aims to develop transformative approaches for personalized medicine in type 2 diabetes.
The new team member will develop Data Coordination Center activities such as organization and coordination of data management, preparation and analysis while considering FAIR principles and eventual submission to the EGA. He or she will contribute to the work to be developed in the frame of this project, especially in the management of genomic, phenotypic and clinical data. In addition, will contribute to improve features of the EGA archive, with the aim to provide always a better service to the EGA user community in the vision of IMPaCT program.
About the team
The successful candidate will work in the European Genome-phenome Archive (EGA) team. EGA is a service for secure archiving and sharing of all types of personally identifiable genetic and phenotypic data resulting from biomedical studies and healthcare centres. Jointly managed by the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) in Barcelona the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) in Cambridge (UK), the EGA provides an invaluable service to the worldwide biomedical research community. The two teams, even if geographically split, collaborate on daily basis. The EGA team at the CRG is composed of nearly 20 members coming from all around the globe and with diverse professional expertise: we have helpdesk officers, system administrators, bioinformatics, IT architects, web developers and project managers. All together, we are involved in several international projects in numerous scientific fields, where we bring our expertise in human genomic data management. Furthermore, our team continuously work to improve and to deploy new services, with the goal of adding value to the huge assets that EGA is responsible of.
Whom would we like to hire?
• You have 1 year of experience in managing data from scientific projects
• You have knowledge in bioinformatics and health related data
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• You have experience in international projects that include more than 2 partners
• You have understanding of the FAIR`s principles
• You have experience in health data standards (OMOP, FHIR)
• You have experience with Containers and/or HPC
Education and training
• You hold a degree in a field related to biology, pharmacy, medicine, data science
• You are proficient in English, since this is the language used for all communication in our international team
• If you speak Spanish and/or Catalan it would be considered a plus.
• You have experience with relational and no-SQL databases
• You have experience with Linux
• You have experience with end user applications like spreadsheets, presentations, documents, etc.
• You have highly developed organizational skills
• You are a team player
• You are excellence driven
The Offer – Working Conditions
• Contract duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
• Target start date: June 1st, 2022
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Dr Jordi Rambla.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Jordi Rambla and be submitted online on the "Apply" button below.
₋ Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
₋ Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
₋ Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by May 18th, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.
“Financiado por la Unión Europea – NextGenerationEU”