- You are here: Home > CRISPR-Screen Developer
You are here
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher with extensive experience in mouse embryonic stem cell (ESC) culture and neuronal differentiation as well as bioinformatic skills to set up and optimize CRISPR-based screens in the lab.
About the team/ lab/ department
The Irimia lab combines high throughput transcriptomics with in vivo experiments to elucidate the roles of alternative exons in vertebrate development and evolution. In particular, they are trying to characterize the roles of neuronal-specific microexons in brain development and mature function using the CRISPR-Cas9 system and wide variety of tests.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have extensive experience (>3 years) in mouse embryonic stem cell culture and manipulation.
- You have extensive experience with genomic and other bioinformatic analyses.
- You have experience in mouse ESC differentiation towards neurons.
- You hold a PhD in Biology or related areas.
Technical skills required:
- You are proficient in culture of mammalian cells including mouse ESCs.
- You have proven experience in cell transfection/electroporation of mammalian cells.
- You have proven experience in differentiation of mouse ESC into glutamatergic neurons.
- You have experience in molecular biology techniques: PCR, cloning, etc.
- You have experience in bioinformatic analyses.
- Contract duration: 3 month contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: May 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Manuel Irimia.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Manuel Irimia and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by 25th of April, 2019