- You are here: Home > Business Development Manager. New Ventures
You are here
Business Development Manager. New Ventures
Business Development Manager. New Ventures
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are seeking for an experienced entrepreneur / business developer to support the exploitation of CRG Intellectual Property portfolio in the field of alternative splicing modulation in cancer.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate closely with the CRG´s scientific teams to assess new venture opportunities based on scientific results. He or she will research the market and opportunities for the product.
- Coordinate with TBDO team all actions required to draft a business plan.
- Coordinate with TBDO team road shows for venture capital funding and prepare corporate structure and management.
- Establish contacts and take the lead in conversations with key stakeholders including KOLs, CROs (regulatory, manufacturing…), investors, biotech and pharma -industry representatives.
- Support TBDO team in securing IPR and contract negotiations with investors and industry.
About the team
The technology and business development office (TBDO) engages with CRG`s scientists with ambition to transfer scientific results into the marketplace. Our aim is to ensure beneficial impact on society. We strike for an inclusive environment of scientific and entrepreneurial excellence, offering CRG`s scientist business oriented training and connections with investors and industry experts. TBDO strategically evaluates, protects and commercializes products and services for the life science sector through licensing and launching of spin off companies.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a profound scientific background in biochemistry and molecular biology in the field of alternative splicing and cancer.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have proven experience in innovation activities in life sciences and health tech.
- Training in entrepeneurship and methodologies to successfully transfer basic knowledge ‘from the lab to the marketplace’.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- MBA or equivalent.
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in Molecular Biology.
- You are highly proficient in English and Spanish.
- Written skills to elaborate financial and business reports
- Skills to elaborate marketing material
- You have advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly developed organization and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with different stakeholders across the life science industry
- You are goal-minded
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 18 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: 1 February 2020 (*)
(*) This offer is subject to CRG being awarded a project under the call launched by Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (AGAUR) and published at EMC/1954/2019, 16 July 2019, whose results will be made public by AGAUR by the end of January 2020.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Anabel Sanz.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Anabel Sanz and be submitted through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by 20th September 2019
Aquest projecte es podria cofinançar pel Fons Europeu de esenvolupament Regional (FEDER) de la Unió europea, en el marc del Programa operatiu FEDER de Catalunya 2014-2020