- You are here: Home > Accounts Payable Officer
You are here
Accounts Payable Officer
Accounts Payable Officer
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The Accounts Payable Officer will join the Accounting Area Team, within the Finance Department. He/she is responsible for processing, verifying, and reconciling all suppliers’ invoices in order to record them and to schedule payments accordingly, ensuring payments are conducted in due time and in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
The main responsibilities:
- To create new supplier/employees files in the ERP Systems. To register and validate suppliers’ invoices, to claim missing invoices and to clear-up electronic portal. To control funds encumbrance, to scan and maintain traceability in the ERP System. To register travel and reimbursement expenses requests in the ERP System. To review travel and reimbursements claims and supporting documentation. To reconcile travel invoices and notes with requests, and monitor expense reimbursement. To report expenses to end users and to reply and manage service requests received from end users / suppliers / secretaries related to billing, travel reimbursements and payment enquires.
- To process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. To manage non-ordinary payable events.
- To reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are properly registered. To reconcile credit cards charges and payable bank accounts with systems recorded expenses, and to investigate and reconcile discrepancies.
About the Team
The mission of the Finance Department aims to provide effective planning, management and control of the CNAG’s financial resources.
The Finance Department provides timely, accurate and reliable financial information and administers responsive procurement services to researchers, while ensuring compliance with regulations and protecting assets.
Who would we like to hire?
• Proven working experience as Accounts Payable Clerk (at least 4 years)
•Numerical and Analytical Skills. Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
• Website portals and e-commerce knowledge
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
• Experience with ERP Systems (Oracle, SAP, etc)
Education and training
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or equivalent. Other educations will be considered if experience in procurement is supported.
• You are proficient in Spanish and Catalan
• You have a medium level of English
• You have advanced MS Office skills
• Service oriented
• High communication skills
• Accuracy and detail oriented
• Proactive attitude
• Problem solving mind-set
• Clerical abilities
• Contract duration: Full time position, permanent
• Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
• Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Eva del Pinto.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Eva Del Pinto, and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by October 8, 2022.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.