- You are here: Home > Academic Training Officer
You are here
Academic Training Officer
Academic Training Officer
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and highly motivated Academic and Training Officer to support the Training and Academic Programmes at the CRG. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing several activities and actions in this programmes, ensuring high quality, efficient processes and timely delivery.
The Academic and Training Officer will be integrated in the International and Scientific Affairs department and, in close collaboration with the Training and Academic coordinators, will:
- Plan and implement the activities related to the CRG International Undergraduate, PhD and postdoctoral programmes (e.g. meetings, retreats, data collection and reporting, webpage updates, etc.);
- Contribute to the organization of CRG strategic collaborative academic and mobility programmes with other international research centres;
- Organize the international and internal courses (e.g. logistics, purchase requests, registrations, communication, reporting, etc.);
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the area: develop procedures and systems which ensure productive and efficient operation;
- Oversee dedicated budgets and expenses.
About the team/ lab/ department
The International and Scientific Affairs (ISA) department´s mission is to strengthen the international and interdisciplinary dimension of the institute and create new opportunities for the scientific community. The team fosters new strategic partnerships and alliances, coordinates international collaborative projects, provides strategic advice and support to the Director, develops science policies (including open science, gender equality, and research integrity) and fosters scientific talent through integrated training programmes (http://www.crg.eu/en/content/about-us/international-scientific-affairs).
Whom would we like to hire?
- Several years of experience in event organization and/or project management in an international research environment.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
Education and training
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Spanish. Catalan can be an advantage.
- IT skills (Excel, Power Point, content management systems, etc.).
- Data management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with the ability to work independently.
- Precise, with attention to details, and well-organized.
- Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- Driven by results and execution focused.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Contract duration: Permanent Contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Michela Bertero.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Michela Bertero and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 25th of August, 2019